Please login to continue



Adnews offers non-subscribers free access to one story per month.

Subscribe for unrestricted access to our content.

Forgot your login or password? Click here.

Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment to buy GolTV Canada

Toronto-based Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment has entered an agreement to purchase the share of specialty channel GolTV Canada owned by Insight Sports, also based in Toronto. The deal, which is still subject to CRTC approval, will give Maple Leaf an 80.1 percent stake in the all-soccer channel. GolTV US will retain the remaining 19.9 percent stake. "GolTV is a great acquisition for our organization," said Tom Anselmi, chief operating officer of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. "We're looking to take GolTV programming to the next level, which will benefit soccer, and support the development of the game at both the professional and grassroots levels. GolTV will create greater programming opportunities for our soccer club Toronto FC and also help the growth of Major League Soccer in Canada." No financial details are available.

« Back Next »

Related stories Comments